Chime For Change is a global campaign for girls’ and women’s empowerment founded by Gucci with a founding committee comprised of Salma Hayek Pinault,Gucci Creative Director ,Frida Giannini and Beyonce Knowles-Carter.
On June 1st, Twickenham stadium in London hosted CHIME FOR CHANGE global concert event to put girls’ and women’s issues on the world’s stage. Millions of people joined in THE SOUND OF CHANGE LIVE, to promote Education, Health and Justice for girls and women everywhere.
“I am proud to be joining the growing international movement on behalf of girls and women around the world. I believe that by working together we can change the course of history to ensure that girls and women are empowered to realize their potential and thrive.” – Salma Hayek Pinault
“This is the emergency and the opportunity of today. We have reached a significant moment in the history of girls and women’s empowerment and now is the time for change. I think it is essential for girls and women to see and celebrate what is possible. I hope that through CHIME we can help the voices calling for change to become so loud that they cannot be ignored.” – Gucci Creative Director ,Frida Giannini
“I have always felt strongly about equal opportunity for women. Girls have to be taught from early on that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It’s up to us to change the statistics for women around the world. I’m honored to be in the company of women who live fearlessly and set an example for the next generation.” – Beyonce Knowles-Carter
- Beyonce Headlines ‘Chime For Change,’ London Charity Concert For Women (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Chime for Change: Women’s voices, loud and clear: A star-studded concert returns feminism to centre stage (independent.co.uk)
- In pictures: Chime for Change concert (bbc.co.uk)
- Women’s voices, loud and clear: A star-studded concert returns feminism to centre stage (independent.co.uk)
- Beyoncé, Jessie J and Rita Ora perform at Chime For Change concert (telegraph.co.uk)