On the island of Lido opened the 70th Venice Film Festival,on stage from 28 August to 7 September 2013. In honor of the anniversary last night were screened 70 short films from filmmakers around the world , starting with Bernardo Bertolucci,president of the jury of the competition this year, and ending with Kim Ki-Duk . To open the dance in the Great Hall of the Palazzo del Cinema on the Lido as the opening film of the festival (and therefore out of competition) will be Gravity, directed by Alfonso Cuarón, a sci-fi thriller with George Clooney and Sandra Bullock that had its world premiere in 3D on the evening of August 28.
What to expect? The space that will serve as background to Dr. Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock), on her first mission with the experienced astronaut and ready to retire Matt Kovalsky, played by Clooney. Everything gets complicated when their shuttle is destroyed and leaves them only connected to each other and completely at the mercy of the unknown without any contact with the Earth.
- Clooney Plays Astronaut, Johansson Turns Alien in Venice – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Clooney in Venice for film festival (bbc.co.uk)
- Just co-stars? George Clooney and Sandra Bullock get cosy at Venice Film Festival (express.co.uk)
- Gravity – first look review (theguardian.com)
- Early Reactions to GRAVITY Praise Sandra Bullock and George Clooney’s Performances, Alfonso Cuaron’s Direction, Emmanuel Lubezki’s Camerawork, and 3D (collider.com)
- Clooney Cracks Jokes, Bullock Panics in Venice Opener – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Venice Blasts Off in High Style (variety.com)
- Gravity at the Venice Film Festival: Dread and Awe in Space (entertainment.time.com)
Love Sandra ! She’s seems like a very nice person and has amazing dress sense !! Beautiful dress here ..