H&M presented on 4th of September in Soho, at the retailer’s New York showroom a preview of the Spring 2014 collection. “The Spring girl is the same girl that we thought of when we had our show in Paris in February. She loves to mix it up, and she wants to dress really effortlessly. She has a bohemian feeling, and she wants to look a little bit like a tomboy” says Ann-Sofie Johansson, H&M’s Head of Design.
A collection infused with rock ’n’ roll bohemia, Moroccan exoticism, and astrological prints :floor-length navy chiffon caftan, accented with matching tassels, slim leather trousers, a ruffled black lace blouse,pointed croc-stamped boots, long, tailored blazers , denim tunic presented with baby-blue suede loafers. Embroidery is an essential part of the collection appearing on the back of a black denim jacket, as well as on a range of velvet pouches, and a fringed top or dress.Delicate jewelry with moon and star motifs, as well as metal-embellished leather belts, complete the vision of the H&M girl for the next spring.
The Spring 2014 collection will consist of 30-35 pieces in total, and will be available in March 2014.
- First Look: Highlights from the H&M Spring 2014 Collection Preview (stylecaster.com)
- H&M Embraces Boho (style.com)
- The Best Hair of Spring 2014 Fashion Week (marieclaire.com)
- Desigual offers colorful start to NY fashion week (news.yahoo.com)
- NYFW Preview: Michael Bastian Spring 2014 (esquire.com)