The exhibition center at 82 Mercer last night was a demonstration of the fact that Jason Wu is one of the hottest designers now. To see the new collection of the American designer, the front row was a show itself : Anna Wintour gathered, Kate Lanfer, Maria Sharapova and many others.
” Wu called the collection “a dialogue between construction and ease,” and the conversation produced one of his most persuasive shows in a while. In recent seasons, the designer has fetishized the notion of a power woman—all shoulder pads, corsets, and blazing attitude. For Spring, he pulled back on the strong tailoring, focusing instead on unstructured safari-style suits in fluid suede or silk crepe featuring flap pockets and snaps. They had a cool slouch, which he edged up with lacing at the lower back, an echo of previous collections.” -style.com
Congrats Mr. Wu!
See The entire collection ant atmosphere at http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2014RTW-JASONWU
- Jason Wu’s Show Predicts Shimmering Separates, Sheer Outerwear for Next Season (eonline.com)
- Throwback Thursday: Maria Sharapova (swimdaily.si.com)
- Maria Sharapova considers changing her name to Sugarpova for US Open (telegraph.co.uk)
- Alicia Keys & Maria Sharapova: Jason Wu Fashion Show! (justjared.com)
- So showstopping, even the designer welled up: Karen Elson and Karlie Kloss take to the runway for Jason Wu’s ‘labor of love’ collection at New York Fashion Week (dailymail.co.uk)