What’s this? A trip polinsensoriale, including colors, scents, flowers, materials and lights. All in the magnificent setting of a fifteenth-century residence. Do not miss it if it happens to be in Milan!
“The aromas are memories of personal experiences. So I have the perfume which used my mother when I was little, my brother uses it too … That makes me feel close to the people I love “, Blake Lively said during a conversation about beauty . Certainly, few things can be so evocative of memories as perfumes.Because they also invoke the world of dreams and beauty,in full Fashion Week in Milan a new exhibition will open its doors on September 20 to pay tribute to the magic world of fragrances.
Beauty in Wonderland, a show organized by Vogue Italy and P & G Prestige at Casa degli Atellani. A fifteenth century building that will house an enchanted garden with sculptures made from paper and flowers, floating fragrances,floral pop up books and photographs of Solve Sundsbø, disciple of Nick Knight and author of avant-garde ad campaigns for brands such as Yves Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton, Cartier and Gucci.In short, a tour of that nature that often has become source of inspiration to create iconic perfumes.
“Every image, installation, fragrance and color come to life in Beauty in Wonderland, transporting our guests and the public to a spectacular dimension of dreams,” said Franca Sozzani, director of Vogue Italy. Those dreams that inspire fashion and beauty and, in the words of Joanne Crewes, president of P & G Prestige Global, “are universal.”
- 8 Short Videos X 8 Long Stories exhibition in New York (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- What To Wear To Milan Fashion Week (thezoereport.com)
- #WhatsInYourKors Packs the Perfect Bag for Milan Fashion Week (purseblog.com)
- FRAGRANZE 11 – A report from Florence’s artistic fragrance exhibition (fragrantica.com)
- The opening of the Peter Lindbergh exhibition in New York (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Deception Of Hopes by Gucci (fragrantica.com)