At the Metropolitan Opera in New York the night before the premiere of the opera ” Eugene Onegin ” has opened a new season. Performance of some of the best opera singers Anna Netrebko in the role of Tatiana Larina and Mariusz Kwiecien as Onegin , starring in Deborah Warner’s new production of Tchaikovsky’s romantic drama wich will be performed in Russian.
The new season 2013/14 will last until May next year , in which the scene of The Metropolitan Opera will present 26 different productions. Apart from “Eugene Onegin ” in the repertoire of musical theater has two more operas in Russian : “The Nose” by Dmitri Shostakovich and “Prince Igor” by Alexander Borodin
At the premiere we saw the model Coco Rocha and Brooke Shields, artist Marina Abramovic and Klaus Biesenbach curator of exhibitions and many others. Actress Diane Kruger accompanied by the designer Prabal Gurung wore a total look by the designer : dress, shoes Casadei for Prabal Gurung and jewelry Prabal Gurung for Chris Habana were matched perfectly.
- Diane Kruger: Metropolitan Opera Season Opening! (justjared.com)
- Anna Netrebko to Open Third Met Season in a Row (wqxr.org)
- New York’s Metropolitan Opera Season Opens With Gay Protest (buzzfeed.com)
- Metropolitan Opera Opening Night Live HD Broadcast: Eugene Onegin, September 23, 2013 (socialeyesnyc.com)
- Anna Netrebko Responds To LGBT Petition Against Putin And Met Opera Opening Night 2013-14 (latinospost.com)
- ‘Til the Fat Lady Sings: From Anna Netrebko to Anna Nicole Smith, Crime Dramas to Fairy Tales (observer.com)