A few days ago in Paris, a few steps from the Avenue Montaigne the Azzedine Alaïa flagship store opened. The new three-story boutique on the 5 Rue de Marignan is housed in an 18th-century mansion
The 4,000 square meters space has no window displays, a minimalist and futuristic decor. a chandelier ” descending ” from the third to the first floor – a merit of the designer Kris Ruhs , cold metal rails by Martin Szekely , modular shelves for shoes created by Charlotte Perriand ,serpentine couches and “cathedral” tables by Pierre Paulin.
“He started looking for a boutique on Avenue Montaigne and we ended up here,” said his friend and business adviser Carla Sozzani, owner of the famous 10 Corso Como store and sister of Vogue’s Italia Franca Sozzani. “Azzedine wanted to keep the feeling of a maison. He wanted to keep the feeling of Rue de Moussy.”
While the main brand boutique , located in the Marais district , is more focused on tailoring clothes the new store focus its attention on ready-to-wear and accessories.
- The opening of the new Emilio Pucci boutique in Paris (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- The Azzedine Alaïa exhibition in Paris at the Palais Galliera (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Meissen Couture presents its first couture collection and accessories (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- The Amfar’s Milan Fashion Week Gala (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- The opening of the Peter Lindbergh exhibition in New York (thecitizensoffashion.com)