The situation surrounding the situation with the contract between Marc Jacobs and LVMH is heating up as it is nearing its deadline.
An unnamed source said that the designer’s “contract may not be renewed,” while a separate source says, “nothing has been decided yet.” and sources close to the designer report that in the near future,he will focus on the development of its own brand, while his place at LV will be taken by someone else.
Earlier it was reported that these “others” will be Nicolas Ghesquière, but recent talks with representatives of LVMH, came to nothing.
The French international business magazine Challenges, has already confirmed Jacobs’ departure.
A preview from the article in Challenges is available online:
The title,: “Marc Jacobs’ departure from Vuitton is official.”
“The artistic director of Louis Vuitton (LVMH), Marc Jacobs, will leave his position. The schedule will be finalized when Delphine Arnault, the general director of Louis Vuitton, finds a successor. The designer Nicolas Ghesquière is in the lead, though other candidates are still being considered.” –Challenges
Nicolas Ghesquière is regarded as close to Delphine Arnault, Louis Vuitton’s deputy chief executive and one of LVMH’s main talent-spotters. She is also the eldest child of Bernard Arnault, founder and chief executive of LVMH and France’s richest man.
Industry sources said it was possible that Marc Jacobs’s fashion show on October 2, as part of Paris Fashion Week, could be his last. – reuters.com
- Is Marc Jacobs about to leave Louis Vuitton? (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Marc Jacobs’ future at Louis Vuitton in doubt: report (nydailynews.com)
- The plot thickens over Marc Jacobs’s future at Louis Vuitton (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Marc Jacobs Rumored to Be Leaving Louis Vuitton (style.com)
- Arnault Pits Son Versus Daughter in LVMH Succession Test – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Louis Vuitton Shops for Even Richer Customers (businessweek.com)