If you love leopard print , black , leather leggings and high heels , consider that you are on the same wavelength as Tamara Mellon and you’ll absolutely love her debut collection . The pieces of the collection have turned out exactly as expected : sexy , moderately challenging and very feminine. In all this Mellon’s signature style is easily read and it could never be prude .
And best of all, Mellon loves fast fashion this means you will be able to buy the collection ASAP starting with November.The reason for this is quite a bold decision, Mellon explained to Bloomberg: “We’re living in a world where women want to buy now wear now. They don’t want to look at shows and then have products in stores six months later.”
Hard to argue with that!
The collection will be stocked in Manhattan department stores Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus from November, in London,at Harrods and online through Net-A-Porter.com.
- Tamara Mellon favours buy-now-wear-now fashion in sync with seasons (theguardian.com)
- Jimmy Choo Co-Founder Tamara Mellon Puts On Her Revenge Boots (businessweek.com)
- Jimmy Choo never designed one shoe, says Tamara Mellon (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Quotas for women directors are next step, says Jimmy Choo shoe queen Tamara Mellon (standard.co.uk)
- Tamara Mellon on her debut collection (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- VIDEO: Wish came true for Jimmy Choo boss (bbc.co.uk)