The musician became the hero of the second part of Louis Vuitton’s film , a journey through time.
In early autumn, fashion house Louis Vuitton announced that the new face of the ad campaign will be David Bowie. Then the representatives of the House said that the musician will appear in the second part of the Louis Vuitton’s movie called L’Invitation au Voyage. In the first part of the main characters model Arizona Muse is landing in Venice’s Piazza San Marco on a hot air balloon.
The second part of the film is devoted to time travel , and the hero David Bowie performs a unique version of I’d Rather Be High, playing the harpsichord . The premiere of the short movie will be on 7th of November.
“The film is all about traveling through time, and sharing an incredible moment,” said Frederic Winckler, Vuitton’s communication and events director.
- David Bowie to ‘star in latest Louis Vuitton television campaign’ (express.co.uk)
- David Bowie to model for Louis Vuitton advert? (digitalspy.co.uk)
- David Bowie to appear in LVMH campaign (theguardian.com)
- Lady Gaga comes a cropper in Louis Vuitton feather headdress (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Marc Jacobs Leaves Louis Vuitton Following His Spring 2014 Collection (forbes.com)
- David Bowie & Iggy Pop’s statements on Lou Reed’s death (brooklynvegan.com)