The second collaboration of Topshop with Meadham Kirchhoff sounds better than the first. Designer duo Edward Meadham and Benjamin Kirchhoff will create eighty pieces of clothing and accessories inspired by the ideas of glam rock and Marilyn Manson. The collection called The Cherrys was named after a fictional band and will hit the stores on November 21.
The first collaboration of the designers with the retailer was in 2010 : a small collection of little dresses, jackets and sweaters, adorned with lace and sequins , was very feminine and banal . Now, designers return to the retailer to showcases a large range .
An interesting observation is that previous designers working with Topshop like JW Anderson and Christopher Kane recently received a substantial investments of a major French conglomerate. We’ll see if this trend will spread to Meadham Kirchhoff…
- Meadham Kirchhoff Designing 80-Piece Topshop Collection (fashionista.com)
- Topshop Pairs Up With Meadham Kirchhoff Again (fashionweekdaily.com)
- Meadham Kirchhoff Spring / Summer 2014 (fashionising.com)
- Detailed photos of Meadham Kirchhoff Spring / Summer 2014 (fashionising.com)
- Backstage at Meadham Kirchhoff Spring / Summer 2014 (fashionising.com)
- I Dream of Nothing (dazeddigital.com)