At the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts in Moscow an exhibition celebrates the work of Russian designer Valentin Yudashkin,a major figure on the Russian fashion , is opened until 15 of December 2013.
Some of the designs by the designer have already been showed internationaly in museums like Paris’s Musée des Arts Décoratifs, the California Museum of Fashion in Los Angeles, the Metropolitan Museum in New York, and the State Historical Museum in Moscow.The items presented at this exhibition are part of the museum’s permanent collection.
The exhibition includes 80 pieces from the 50 haute couture collections by Yudashkin over his 25 years of career are placed next to the artworks that inspired them, ancient Greek, Roman statues and Renaissance paintings.The preparations for the exhibition took a year and a half.
“The main thing about my works here is the fact that they are installed side by side with the masterpieces from the museum’s permanent collection”, Yudashkin said at the show’s opening.
Valentin Yudashkin: Fashion in Art Space, Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts (main building), 12 Volkhonka Street, Moscow, 121019, October 15-December 15, 2013
All images via http://trendy.wmj.ru/moda/2013/11/08/vystavka-platev-valentina-yudashkina-46-foto.html Thank you!
- House of Yudashkin: Fashion for the modern woman (rbth.co.uk)
- Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts gets new director (rbth.ru)
- Valentin Yudashkin Spring / Summer 2014 (fashionising.com)
- Roberto Capucci “The Unsung Hero” By Benjamin Kanarek For W Magazine 1990 (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Masterpieces to show in Moscow before sale in London (rbth.co.uk)