Last night at the New York School of Art Spring Studios in Tribeca, the ceremony for winners of CFDA VOGUE Fashion Fund awards. Top honor and recognition (and a cash award of $ 300,000 ) went to duo, Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne from Public School a menswear label.“We’ve been having such a great year, we were happy just to be here with you,” said the designers.
Second place was shared by jewelry designer Marc Alary and Juan Carlos Obando , their reward , $ 100,000 .
However, not only financial reward awaited the young designers but they were able to discuss their ideas and projects with influential figures in the fashion industry , and more ,to hear about the mistakes and achievements of Tom Ford. The American designer was the main speaker of the evening and shared with the audience his story of success. He was introduced to the audience by actress Julianne Moore .
- Public School Takes the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund’s Top Honor (style.com)
- The Road To Winning The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Is Even Scarier Than We Imagined (huffingtonpost.com)
- Anna Wintour Reportedly ‘Desperate’ For A Lena Dunham Vogue Cover (thegloss.com)
- See All of Anna Wintour’s Seatmates From Fashion Month (nymag.com)
- Anna Wintour Insists She’s Not a Micromanager (fashionista.com)
- Bryanboy Killed It With His Anna Wintour Halloween Costume (fashionista.com)