The first issue for 2014 of the British edition of Harper’s Bazaar stars a real supermodel : Christy Turlington. The American model was shot by fashion photographer Alexi Lubomirski wearing black and white outfits and she opens up to the magazine about her life as a young model and her life now as still one of the most requested models by the biggest names in the fashion industry.
“Age has allowed me to be viewed in a different way. I’m not a threat to anybody, whereas maybe as a younger model people might think, ‘Oh, she’s a model, is she talking to my husband?’ Not that I was ever the kind of person to be concerned about – but I think there’s a weird insecurity that other people have. It’s nice to be a woman who’s in my mid-forties like other women.” she declared to Harper’s Bazaar UK.
Harper’s Bazaar UK January 2014 issue :
Model : Christy Turlington
Photographer : Alexi Lubomirski
- Christy Turlington on being a rebellious teen (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Kate Hudson for Harper’s Bazaar US December 2013 (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Tim Burton’s Fashionable Halloween (thecitizensoffashion.com)
- Christy Turlington’s Harper’s Bazaar UK Cover Isn’t Her Best (PHOTO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Harpers Bazaar:Where Christy Turlington and Eddie Vedder Meet (harpersbazaar.com)
- Christy Turlington Is Still Super (style.com)
- Christy Turlington’s “Model Behavior” (forbes.com)