The Romania beauty, Andreea Diaconu is the star of WSJ Magazine’s February 2014 issue.The dreamy photoshoot, where Diaconu modeled the latest spring’s fashion,took place at Costa Careyes, an ultra-luxe resort on the coast of Mexico, while Derek Blasberg interviewed Andreea in Manhattan ,New York.
Here are some highlights from Andreea’s interview for WSJ Magazine :
- She got her start in modeling at 11 years old: “My friend and I heard about a modeling school that had a contest where the winner got 500 euros. We thought that was a lot of money, so we went to the school, and I won.”
- She speaks five languages
- Her experience at her first major show in New York: “I remember crying and crying, and everything was too big on me. I was 13. I was a beanpole.”
- Her best feature: “I’m told it’s my butt.”
- Diaconu kept one eye on school, taking online Coursera classes in archaeology (loved it) and micro-finance (hated it).
- Modeling could pay for higher education: “The plan was for me to make enough money for four years of college, and then I’d walk away…I had just about saved enough and was thinking of quitting, and then I got a call from my agent: ‘Mario Sorrenti booked you for Italian Vogue.’”
- After top-tier photographers, including David Sims and Craig McDean, wanted to work with her.
© WSJ Magazine