Rihanna. Covered only with rhinestones and wrapped in a pink fur stole. Daring the outfit of the star at the CFDA Awards, the American fashion awards that have crowned her the Fashion Icon of the year. Here are all the stars and the winners of the evening. Because there wasn’t only Riri.
From head-to-toes dressed in Adam Selman, Rihanna received the prize which elects her the Fashion Icon of the year. Not bad, and in any case consistent, the choice to present herself half naked to collect the prize from the hands of the intimidating Anna Wintour. On the other hand, is so that the pop star has become known and “appreciated” also from the fashion industry, as well as by millions of fans around the world. All the lights of the evening that rewards the best of American fashion, the CFDA Awards, were on Riri. But on the red carpet of the most important fashion made in the USA the celeb can’t be counted.
Many, many designers. Many of those nominated, and a few winners. The absolute winner is the young designer Joseph Altuzarra, who won the award for designer of the year in the most important category, one for womenswear. But to grab a recognition of respect there are also the Olsen twins, who with their brand The Row won the award for Accessories Designer of the Year.
Here the list of all the winners.
- WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR : Joseph Altuzarra
- MENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR : Dao-Yi Chow & Maxwell Osborne, Public School
- ACCESSORIES DESIGNER OF THE YEAR : Ashley Olsen & Mary-Kate Olsen, The Row
- SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR WOMENSWEAR : Shane Gabier & Christopher Peters, Creatures of the Wind
- SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR MENSWEAR : Tim Coppens
- SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR ACCESSORIES : Irene Neuwirth
- THE FOUNDER’S AWARD IN HONOR OF ELEANOR LAMBERT : Bethann Hardison
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ TRIBUTE : Ruth Finley
- GEOFFREY BEENE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD : Tom Ford
- INTERNATIONAL AWARD : Raf Simons for Dior
- THE MEDIA AWARD IN HONOR OF EUGENIA SHEPPARD : Paul Cavaco
Greta Gerwig in Zac Posen, with the designer.
Photos by Evan Falk and Steve Eichner for WWD.com